Rosemary Chicken Skewers
These make the perfect addition to your summer BBQ for either lunch or dinner. Simple, fresh ingredients everyone will love.
1 kg skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
½ tsp saffron threads
16 rosemary sprigs or wooden skewers
200 g natural yoghurt
½ cup sour cream
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
½ tsp saffron thread (soaked in a little hot water)
1. Cut your chicken into even sized pieces (about 2cm). Place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
2. Thread your chicken onto your skewers (if using rosemary make sure they are fresh straight pieces) and place aside.
3. To make your dipping sauce whisk together the yoghurt, sour cream, juice and mint. Place in a serving bowl and top with your pre-soaked saffron threads.
4. Cook your chicken skewers on a barbecue or a char grill pan for around 10 minutes or until cooked through and golden all over.
5. Serve on a platter with your saffron dipping sauce.