Sticky Miso Ribs
Its a man's word when these hit the table. Sticky flavour packed ribs that will leave nothing but a pile of bones behind!
WOOD FIRED STICKY MISO RIBS
HOT OVEN 260-300 DEGREES RECOMMENDED
2 racks baby back ribs
½ cup dashi miso
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp mushroom soy sauce
100 g brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
toasted sesame seeds and fried shallots, to serve
1. Place ribs in a large saucepan of cold, salted water over high heat and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour until tender. Drain and place on a rack to cool and dry.
3. Prepare your wood fired oven for a hot cook, temperature between 260-300 degrees. Meanwhile, place miso, mirin, soy, brown sugar, and 1 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar and miso. Remove from heat and stir through sesame oil.
4. Place ribs on a lined baking tray and baste liberally with miso mixture, plus add 1/4 cup of additional water so the ribs have a decent level of moister content around them. Cover the dish with tin foil, crimping around the edges to create a good seal. Cook, for 2 1/2 hours basting at regular intervals, until all the moister has just evaporated.
5. Uncover the ribs and cook for another 30 minutes to allow to color.
Scatter with sesame seeds and shallots to serve.