This is an exciting new way to look at lasagne, turning it into a really healthy, quick week day meal that the whole family will love.
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
Black pepper to taste
2 large zucchini cut lengthwise using a large peeler into long thick strips
1 cup good quality sugo or similar
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil leaves and crusty bread to serve.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan forced. Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl with a fork, until slightly smooth and free of any large lumps.
2. Take a medium sliced rectangle baking dish and spread half your sugo on the base.
3. Take your zucchini strips and place a dessert spoon of the cheese filling and gently roll up and place in your baking dish. Repeat this until you have used up all of your zucchini and your baking dish is full. You may need a little more or less zucchini depending on the size of your dish.
4. Next, spoon over the remaining sugo and scatter with grated mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden and brown.
6. Serve in the middle of a large bowl, topped with fresh basil leaves and crusty bread if desired.