Raw Chocolate Crackle Peppermint Cake
This is a delicious raw cake, bursting with flavour and texture. This is also a really easy recipe to modify, changing the flvour combinations to whatever you like.
RAW PEPPERMINT CRISP CAKE
1 cup, pitted dates soaked
1 cup raw almonds
Pinch sea salt
3 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked
2 cups coconut cream
1 ½ cups coconut oil
1 cup rice malt syrup
2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
2 tbsp. coconut flour
TO FLAVOUR THE LAYERS
½ tsp peppermint essence
1 cup puffed quinoa
4 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE FOR THE TOP
1/3 cup extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup organic rice malt syrup
1. Line the base and sides of a medium sized cake tin. The size of the tin you use will affect the height of the cake.
2. To make the base combine all your ingredients in a high powered food processor and blitz until well combined. It is a good idea to start this process of using the pulse button on your machine. Once your ingredients look like rough crumbs, press evenly into the base of your tin. Place into the freezer until needed.
3. To make the filling place all your ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (about 5 minutes). Now for the fun part. Divide your mixture into three portions. For the bottom layer add in 2 tbsp. raw cocoa powder and 1 cup puffed quinoa. Mix until well combined. Place evenly over your base layer and return to the freezer.
4. For the middle layer, add the next third of the mixture back into your food processor. Add the avocado and peppermint essence and blitz to combine. Add the next layer to your tin and return to the freezer.
5. For the final top layer, add the final third of your mixture to your processor and in the remaining 2 tbsp. of raw cocoa powder and blitz to combine. Add the final layer to your cake and freeze for a minimum of 5 hours.
6. To complete your cake, remove from the freezer and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Gently remove the cake from the tin and place onto a plate.
7. To make the chocolate drizzle, mix all the ingredients until well combined and drizzle over your cake.