Weekend Raspberry and Mamacino Granola Muffins
If your looking for a muffin to keep everyone satisfied on the weekend then look know further. Weather its for breakfast, brunch, morning or afternoon tea, this muffin will hit the spot.
WEEKEND RASPBERRY AND GRANOLA MUFFINS
1 ¼ cups S/R flour
65 g almond meal
130 g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
Finely grated zest of half a lemon
Large pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
120 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped into small cubes
1 punnet fresh raspberries
½ cup mamacino granola
1-2 tbsp. brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan-forced.
2. Line a standard 12 whole muffin tin with paper cases.
3. Place the flour, almond meal, caster sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, Lemon zest and salt into a bowl and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla extract, melted butter, beaten egg and ¾ cup (180 ml) warm water. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon, then add the apple pieces and gently stir to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared cases to around ¾ full.
5. Place three raspberries on the top of each muffin, then sprinkle with the mamacino granola and brown sugar.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.