Miso Oats and Eggs
A new way of looking at your morning porridge that combines the savory flavours of miso with the creaminess of eggs. This is a really lovely combination for breakfast or lunch. A great dish for when you are short on time.
MISO OATS AND EGGS
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra for frying eggs (Note feel free to add a poached egg)
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 cup quick cooking oats (I use a 100% gluten free brans)
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Make the miso butter by combining 4 tablespoons unsalted butter and the miso paste. Mash with a fork until smooth. Set aside.
2. Prepare the oatmeal according to package directions with a pinch of salt.
3. While the oatmeal cooks, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a frying pan. Crack the eggs into the pan and fry to desired doneness.
4. Add 2 tablespoons miso butter to the oatmeal and stir until melted.
5. Spoon the oatmeal into two serving bowls and top with a fried egg. Season with cracked pepper.