Pomegranate and Pistachio Granola
This is a stunning granola, with a hint of rosewater. A really beautiful looking breakfast and the healthy way to start the day.
150 g whole blanched almonds, roughly chopped
60 g muscovado sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
100 g unsweetened apple puree
50 g honey
40 ml pomegranate molasses
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
100 g roughly chopped pistachios
50 g dried cranberries
80 g currents
1 ½ tbsp. dried rose petals (optional)
2 tsp rosewater optional
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, sunflower and sesame seeds, almonds, sugar, salt and spices.
3. In a small jug whisk the apple puree with the honey, pomegranate molasses and the oil. Tip it into the dry ingredients and mix together well with your hands.
4. Tip the granola mixture into a large roasting tin and spread out into an even layer. Bake until its coloured a deep golden brown, which will take between 45-60 minutes. You will need to stir your granola every 20 minutes or so, to ensure it colours evenly. Pay special attention to the edges. Add the pistachios towards the end so they toast for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool briefly, then mix in the cranberries, currents, and rosewater and rose petals.
Store in an air tight container.