Raw Salted Caramel Cheese Cake
a delightful raw, vegan dessert which is sure to impress!
RAW SALTED CARAMEL CHEESE CAKE
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup soaked pitted dates
Pinch of Himalayan salt
SALTED CARAMEL FILLING
1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked and rinsed
1 1/2 cups coconut cream
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3/4 cup coconut oil
6 pitted dates, soaked and rinsed
1/2 cup organic rice malt syrup
1 tbsp. almond butter
Good pinch of Himalayan salt
1. Pop your almonds and salt into your food processor. Blend until super fine.
2. 2. Add your dates. Blend until combined. Your mixture should look and feel like a dough. If it is still a little crumbly, add a small amount of water and process further.
3. 3. Press evenly into a small round cake tin, lined with baking paper or alternatively you could use individual silicon moulds. Place in the freezer to chill.
SALTED CARAMEL CREAM CENTRE
1. Place all of your salted caramel cream filling ingredients into your blender and process until super creamy.
2. Pour evenly over your base or small bases and return to the freezer.
1. Remove from the freezer and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Remove from your cake tin or silicon moulds. Top with slices of fresh fig.
NOTE: This will keep for a few days in the fridge, or alternatively return your cake to the freezer and slice of individual portions as needed.