Super Energy Bark
This is my go to sugar free, dairy free, vegan healthy snack! It always leaves me satisfied and makes the most delightful gift.
SUPER ENERGY BARK
55g (¼ cup raw buckwheat)
55 g (¼ cup) quinoa
80 g (½ cup) pumpkin seeds
30 g (½ cup) coconut chips
75 g (½ cup) dried cranberries
55 g (½ cup) sunflower seeds
125 g (1/3 cup) rice malt syrup
60 g (¼ cup) solidified coconut oil
55 g (¼ cup) chopped pistachio nuts
1 tbsp. black chia seeds
2 tbsp. tahini paste
30 g (¼) cup raw cacao powder
Sprinkling of food grade dried rose petals (optional)
1. Line a medium sized biscuit tray with a sheet of baking paper, set aside.
2. Heat a medium heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the buckwheat and cook stirring constantly for 1 minute. Next add the quinoa and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until it becomes aromatic. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add the pumpkin seeds, coconut chips, cranberries, sunflower seeds and chia seeds to the buckwheat and quinoa mix.
4. Next, cook the rice malt syrup, tahini paste and coconut oil in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of just simmering water. Add your cacao power and stir to combine and cook for another 1 minute. Add to the buckwheat and quinoa mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Spread evenly into your sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle over your chopped pistachio nuts and dried rose petals if using. Place in the fridge for around 4 hours to set. Once set remove from the fridge and cut using a large knife into rough shards.
NOTE: Store your bark in either the fridge of freezer.