Hemp Seed Energy Bars
If your looking to improve your digestion, balance hormones and improve your metabolism, then hemp seeds might be just what you need. These are little power houses and will make you feel fuller and more energized all day. These hemp seed energy bars taste fantastic and going to make you feel amazing!
HEMP SEED ENERGY BARS
160g (1 cup) dry sunflower seeds
100g desiccated coconut
130 g hemp seeds
50 g chia seeds
20 fresh medjool dates, stone removed
90ml (1/3 cup) coconut oil
30g cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
40g (1/3 cup) rolled oats (I like to use rye oats)
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1. In a food processor, pulse your dry ingredients until well combined, but not too fine. Place the mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
2. Add your wet ingredients to your food processor and using the pulse button, blend until you have a smooth constancy and all your ingredients are well mixed. If your wet ingredients don’t seem to be combining, you may need to add a small splash of water to help the process along.
3. Pour your wet ingredients, into your dry ingredients and add your oats and poppy seeds. Mix well until all your ingredients are really well combined.
4. Spread your mixture into a baking paper lined (11 x 7 in) tray and press the mixture down so it is smooth and compact. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the fridge and pull from the tin. Cut into bars or squares, wrap and store in an air tight container for up to a week.