Chocolate Heaven Cake
This no bake chocolate cake is heaven on a plate. The combination of the cream cheese and cashews make this dessert simply sublime!
CHOCOLATE HEAVEN CAKE
1 1/3 cups (200g) blanched cashews, soaked overnight in cold water
250 g chocolate ripple biscuits
1 tbsp. ground coffee beans
70 g melted butter
500 g cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
300 ml thickened cream
2/3 cup maple syrup
3 titanium-strength gelatine leaves
2/3 cup (165ml) strong coffee
250 g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
250 g milk chocolate, melted, cooled
Cocoa powder to dust
1. Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm spring form cake pan with baking paper. Rinse and drain cashews.
2. Whiz the biscuits in a food processor to crumb, then pulse in the coffee and butter. Press into the base of the prepared pan. Chill until needed.
3. Wipe the processor clean and add the cashews. Whiz until very smooth. Add the cream cheese, vanilla, cream and maple syrup and whiz until really well combined.
4. Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
5. Place the espresso in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, then squeeze out the excess water from the gelatine and add to the espresso, stirring until melted and well combined.
6. Pulse melted chocolate and expresso mixture into the cashew cream, then pour over the chilled base.
7. Chill for 5 hours or until firmly set. Dust with cocoa powder.