This is a great mid week meal which uses some simple ingredients to create a really satisfying diner. The kids will love this one to. Cook on a BBQ if you can, purely to reduce the clean up later on, not that there will be much. This is a fun summer pleaser.
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp pomegranate molasses
2 tsp honey
80 ml olive oil
1 tbsp. of thyme or lemon thyme leaves
360 g haloumi cheese, thinly sliced
½ small watermelon
2 cups mint leaves
700 g minced lamb
1 red onion grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
55 g (1/3) pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. To make the dressing, you need to combine the pomegranate molasses, honey, 60ml (¼ cup) oil and the thyme in a bowl and whisk it slightly to combine.
2. Next to make your kofta, place all of your ingredients into a bowl and mix with your hands to combine. Shape the mixture around 8 skewers.
3. Heat either a char grill pan or the char grill of your BBQ and cook turning frequently to prevent them sticking for approximately 12 minutes or untuk they are cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan to a medium high heat and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook your haloumi in batches or until golden brown all over.
5. Roughly tear up your haloumi and combine with the watermelon and fresh mint leaves. Dress your salad and serve alongside your kofta.